Copyright © 2020 DEEP CBDS LLC. All rights reserved.
If you’re among the 40% of people who have either already tried or are curious about hemp-derived CBD, then chances are that you’ve already done a bit of preliminary research.
You’ve probably read or heard that hemp-derived CBD products are available in many forms from tincture oil drops, to CBD gummies, to CBD infused beverages, and in topical balms and lotions, among many others. Whatever the product type, they are available in Full Spectrum, Broad Spectrum and Isolate.
You may still be unclear on the different types of hemp-derived CBD, especially when it comes to the differences between full spectrum, broad spectrum and isolate.
Here, we’ll provide an overview of those differences and touch upon what may and may not be an ideal choice for your informational purposes and to help you make a better, informed decision.
What Is Full Spectrum Hemp Extract?
If you’re looking for low to high-potency hemp extract CBD that contains all of the compounds naturally contained in the hemp plant plus the added benefit of the “entourage effect,” then Full Spectrum is probably the right choice.
The entourage effect provides additional benefits arising from the synergy of multiple components contained in the hemp plant, including flavonoids, and, most importantly, powerful terpenes. Terpenes provide flavoring, coloring, a unique scent, and may even promote different personal wellness effects. For example, some terpenes have more calming effects, while others may help you to feel much more energized.
However, do keep in mind that there is .3% or less THC in Full Spectrum, which is the main difference between Full Spectrum Hemp Extract and Broad Spectrum Hemp Extract.
Also be aware that hemp-derived CBD products claiming to be “THC Free” or “0.00% THC” may not always be entirely accurate. “THC Free” or “0.00% THC” means that trace amounts of THC may be contained in the product that was not detected in laboratory testing due to the cut-off detection limits set in the laboratory’s testing instrument for detecting THC.
However, even with trace amounts of THC in any hemp extract product, it will not make you feel “high”, because trace amounts of THC simply aren’t enough to cause any psychoactive symptoms.
Nevertheless, if you’re required or may be required to take a drug test, please be aware taking any hemp extract product containing trace amounts of THC may still cause you to fail a drug test. As such, we strongly recommend that you first check with your employer or prospective employer on their position and/or review their employment policies (including the company’s Drug-Free Workplace Policy, if any) before taking any such product, so you are in the know and can avoid any possible adverse consequences as a result of using hemp extract products containing trace amounts of THC.
If your employer has strict guidelines, or there is any other reason that may require you to take a drug test, then Full Spectrum is not the right choice for you as trace amounts of THC may be detected and reported in your lab test results.
What Is Broad Spectrum Hemp Extract?
Broad Spectrum is made up of everything that Full Spectrum contains minus any trace amounts of THC, making it an ideal choice for those who are looking for hemp extract CBD products that offer the entourage effect like Full Spectrum but without THC.
What is CBD Isolate?
CBD Isolate is 100% Cannabidiol (and the acronym “CBD” actually stands for Cannabidiol). Simply, CBD is the only cannabinoid that is extracted from the hemp plant.
One of the benefits of CBD Isolate is that it’s odorless and flavorless and may be a good option for those who want to avoid the sometimes “earthy” or pungent flavor contained in some Full Spectrum and Broad Spectrum products.
Which Should You Choose?
We hope the above overview has been informative enough to empower you to select the type of hemp extract product to add to your personal care and wellness regimen for the benefit you’re seeking.
Please bear in mind that no one type of hemp extract product is “better” than the other, and the best way to determine which one may work best for you is by trial.
Start low and go slow to help find the right balance for YOU.
Above all, please be vigilant in deciding which company to purchase your hemp extract products from (hopefully, from deepcbds.com ). Some factors to consider:
- Does the company have its products tested by an independent and accredited laboratory for purity, potency and safety? We do.
- Does the company provide access to each of their product’s lab test results reporting purity, potency and safety? We do.
- Does the company claim that any of its products are a “dietary supplement”, leading you to believe the product has been FDA approved? We do NOT. Why not? Because no Hemp Extract containing cannabidiol is currently FDA approved or lawfully allowed to be labelled, described or marketed as a “dietary supplement”, except for Epidiolex, a prescription medicine used to treat seizures and other serious medical conditions in patients 2 years of age and older.
- Does the company describe its products to be “THC Free” or “0.00% THC” without explaining what that really means? We do not, because none of our current products are Broad Spectrum. Perhaps another company’s product is truly THC free or maybe not, but you should know to help you make an informed decision and make the right choice.
- Does the company provide applicable and legally required cautionary statements on or about its products? Such as, for example, “Do not use if you are pregnant or nursing” and “Keep out of reach of children”. We do.
- Does the company claim that its products are available for shipping in all 50 states in the United States? We do NOT. Why not? Because it’s untrue. Currently, there are four states (i.e., Idaho, Iowa, Mississippi and South Dakota) that prohibit the sale and distribution of any hemp extract products in their states even if you buy it online.
Are you ready to experience Hemp Extract Products?
If so, let deepCBDs be part of your wellness journey in finding your balance; mind, body and soul. Review our products and information available on deepcbds.com and if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Also, please do sign up to our mailing list and follow us on social media so we may keep you up-to-date on our deep journey, promotions, sweepstakes, new products, events, educational resources, and our latest company news.
Thanks for reading!